Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dissenting Opinion Relative to Blogs

All,

I solicited colleagues to review and post comments relative to this blog. I received the response below, and in the attempt to be all inclusive, including opinions which do not agree with the blog, or my opinions, asked for, and received permission to post this reply from someone who didn't want to contribute in what was or could be perceived as a negative response.

Sorry, but I generally tend to view blogging as akin to masturbation -- one person drizzling on about whatever they're obsessed with, without really any need for anyone else. Most of the blogs I've read are that way -- one person's soapbox. Since I didn't want to add a slam to your nice new blog, I'm just letting you know in private that I'm not a blogger fan and will politely decline to include my insightful comment on your blog.

Is there utility in blogs are are they full of hot air? I will of course, forward my finished project with the empirical evidence and maybe come to a greater understanding with my esteemed colleague and perhaps do some growing in the process.

I just received this from another colleague who didn't have a Google Password:

Hello! To me, blogging is just like a coffee shop conversation. Some people blabber on while I'm sipping my double mocha frappachino, and others are quite interesting. I actually like to read blogs that are related to newsworthy events because it gives me insight to others' opinions. True,some have different views from mine. In my opinion, I enjoy 'hearing' what other people think, whether I agree or disagree. It gives me some 'fat to chew on'. If I think they are too much 'out there', I can simply ignore what they say. Bonus..I don't have to pay for their coffee

This speaks to a 360 degree view of a topic. Very often people have their point of view and forget about how somebody's situation may impact their perspective. Here we have several different opinions of blogs from some very learned colleagues of mine.

Thoughts?

No comments: